The Beauty of Coconut Oil


Coconut oil has become so popular, and is one of those beauty trends that you can’t ignore.  I have been using the oil for about a year, and I have to tell you that I’m hooked.  Let’s start with a little education.  There are two types of Coconut Oil on shelves (usually on the baking aisle).  You have Coconut Oil [Refined].  The refined oil has been bleached and processed to remove the signature scent.  I started out using this kind, but then I discovered type number two: Coconut Oil [Unrefined].   Unrefined in this case means untouched.  The oil is extracted from a virgin/young coconut, and is not heated, retaining that yummy coconut scent and nutrients.  This is the one you should choose. 

There are so many reasons why I am suggesting adding Coconut Oil [Unrefined] to your beauty cabinet, but here are a five good ones. 

1.     Moisturize: After a hot shower or bath, I slather my body with the oil, leaving my skin soft and supple. 

2.     Nails: Apply and massage the oil on your nail beds and/or cuticles to keep your nails healthy and strong. 

3.     Hair: Coconut oil is a natural hydrator.  When my hair is feeling dry, I apply a little to the roots and hair for an instant, healthy glow. 

4.     Mouth Hygiene: Take a spoonful of the solid oil, and swish around your mouth for 20 minutes. (I know 20 minutes is a long time.  I usually use this time to check/respond to emails.) The oil kills bacteria hiding in your mouth or on gums, and over time can whiten your teeth.

5.     Fragrance:  When in a rush, and let’s say I didn’t have time to spritz my favorite scent, it never fails that someone will compliment my scent.  I’m actually in love with the scent!


So, try it out and let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment