The 25 Most Stylish People in the Triangle


by YC

Cover of the Spring Issue of Carolina Style Magazine
Dress - French Connection, Shoes - Christian Louboutin, Earrings - Kate Spade



I learned back in March of this year that I was selected as one of The 25 Most Stylish People in the Triangle by Carolina Style magazine! If I can recall correctly, after reading the unexpected email, my immediate reaction was to jump and scream! Honored by the accomplishment, my thought shifted to, what do I wear? I knew that a photo was involved and I had to bring my A-Game! I did a garment pull from one of my favorite boutiques in Greensboro, Simply Meg’s.  The beautiful Diane Von Furstenberg white dress made me feel girlie and cute; the exact look I was going for!   

The day of the photo shoot met me with great excitement! I had an early call time for makeup.  Arriving to the location with butterflies, I met the creative director/photographer who just wanted to make sure that I had several looks for the shoot.  *Blank stare* It was my understanding that we only needed one look, which is what I brought, the DVF dress.  No time to panic, but seriously, I’m about to panic! My style assistant rushed me to the closest mall, which is a fabulous one, Crabtree, and we made a dash to Belk – a local department store that carries amazing brands.  If you’re in a style dilemma, Crabtree’s Belk is not a bad spot for redemption! I went straight for the contemporary section with brands such as, French Connection, Marc by Marc Jacobs, BCBG.  We were able to pull two more looks and make it back to the studio for the shoot. 

As you can imagine, by now, the oil in my face is fighting for attention, so I had to get dressed and have yet another seat in the makeup chair for touch ups.  And it was then when I learned that not only was I there for profile shoot, but for the cover shoot! Yep, your Bougie friend was selected top five of the 25, which landed me right on the cover.  It’s okay to call me Cover Girl at this point! 

Bougie Girl Says #6: Reach for the stars! 

Unveiling of the cover!


4 comments: