#MyBougieIsGood: Happiness Within


Name: YC
Career: Entrepreneur/Motivational Speaker
Education: BA in Public Administration, MBA in Business Management

"The moment I learned that happiness comes from within, I stopped looking for it outside of me!" ~YC

I grew up in a small town and was extremely shy.  I was afraid of having too much attention, so I shrunk in the background.  However, it was never comfortable.  During middle and high school the "behind-the-scenes" girl got so much attention from peers who decided to bully me for being quiet (Somehow my coy-like behavior was misconstrued as being stuck up or bougie!), for having a big forehead and big eyes, and overall, for being different.  This made me very sad and unhappy.  I simply wanted to be accepted.

Eventually I grew tired of hiding and not speaking up for myself.  I was no longer willing to cosign with other's opinion of who I am, but ready to introduce the world to the woman I was born to be; and that's what I did.  I went on to college, earning a BA and a MBA.  I had a successful career in Corporate America, and recently, opened my first raw juice Boutique.

I am YC, an entrepreneur, a Child of the MOST HIGH. I am happy and whole, and #MyBougieIsGood

0 comments:

Post a Comment