Tweaking the oats


by YC



By now you have heard that breakfast is the most importantmeal of the day, and I couldn’t agree more! I’m not a fan of grits, Cream ofWheat, and oatmeal would have been on that list if I hadn’t discovered the power ofthe tweak! The tweak allows oatmeal to be in my bowl of apples, blueberries, walnuts,and cinnamon! Get it?

I’m picky when it comes to my oatmeal, and have fallen inlove with steel cut oats.  It has tons of fiber, protein, and gives you amazing energy! And thetaste? Every bit of yummy! 
Steel cut oats are far from your regular instant oats, as the cooking time is about 30 minutes, however one cup will last you for a week.    

I prepare mine in a slow cooker and store in a plasticcontainer in the refrigerator.  Whenready to serve, place a small amount in a bowl, add almond milk and heat forone minute.  Then add your desiredtoppings, and enjoy! 

Bougie Girl Says #4: What works for you, works for you! 












2 comments:

  1. Love the pic of the completed oatmeal dish. Starting to see the food design/food artist thing. Okay!

    ReplyDelete