More than a Reality Show; it's Holiday 24!

by YC


Welcome to Burlington, NC

I, as well as every style girl/guy in the world have been waiting on December 1st since it was announced that our favorite Bouge store, Neiman Marcus, along with 24 high-end designers were teaming up with Target to bring us an amazing collection, just in time for the holidays! Although a few of my peers in larger cities tweeted pics of glamping in front of Target or forming lines at Neiman Marcus in the wee hours of the morning (NM greeted early guests with hot chocolate and their world-famous chocolate chip cookies!), my small town allowed me to sleep in, go to the gym, wash my hair, ponder on what to wear, and then, make my way to the land of Oz (Target)! Oh, it was a magical experience, but not at first.

Upon arrival, I noticed that nothing resembled Jason Wu is here! No one was screaming and running in the store, sort of the way I envisioned it to be: you know, walking through the doors to be slapped in the face with the exclamation point logo, and workers with big smiles and bells saying, “Welcome to a day of luxury,” as Kanye belts “racks on racks on racks” in the background! Nope, didn’t happen like that.  Instead, it was Christmas banners hanging from the ceilings, holiday displays, customers shopping in a composed manner, and the loud thud-like hip hop beat was from my heart beating fast as I thought: either they sold out or aren’t a participating store in this fashion collabo history!

Finally, I asked a worker with a bit of anxiety, – yes, fashion will do that to you – “Where is the Holiday 24 Collection?” Without hesitation, she pointed and said, “It’s in the back of the store!” Confused, but they have it and I’m headed to the back.   The section was filled with everything the NM website showed as sold out, including Tracy Reese’s beautiful sequined embroidered blue and beige tunic! MINE, ALL MINE! I literally was bouncing from display to display, filled with excitement to know that what seemed unreal - Neiman Marcus being in Burlington, NC - wasn’t some fantastic dream as a result of eating cupcakes and dosing off while watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills; it was a reality show alright, live and in person [Exclamation Point]!

Maaaaaarrrrrrrccccc Jacobs (Marc Jacobs)! 

Can we? 

Derek Lam skateboard

Skaist Taylor Faux Fur Vest

Tracy Reese Tunic

Porenza Schouler sweatshirt

Alice + Olivia bike
24 CFDA Designers helped make this dream a reality!


0 comments:

Post a Comment