French Macarons...Not a total Betty, but a vast improvement

by YC




I’m obsessed with anything French, especially French Macarons.  After finding a recipe that was healthy, I had to try it.  This recipe - Almond and Avocado Macarons - called for items that I never knew existed, such as a cup of almond flour.  Great…another trip to Whole Foods.  Unfortunately, they were out of bulk flour and the only other option was a packaged brand for $12.99.  For a cup? No way.  So with the help of a savvy sales clerk, I learned that almond flour is simply fine-grounded almonds.  I picked up a bag and crossed my fingers, hoping that it will work the same for me.  It did, along with the rest of the recipe.  I must admit that I made the cookies bigger and they had a few more cracks (not a total Betty, but a vast improvement) than my Parisian friends, but hey, they were just as good, and healthy.  Recipe right here.  Bon appetit! 









0 comments:

Post a Comment