Boundaries

Dress - Top Shop | Necklace - Banana Republic


Boundaries are set for your protection.  It usually establishes a limit to what one allows.  I’ve been reading this good book called, “Boundaries In Dating,” and it has opened my eyes to a new approach when it comes to dating.  I will be the first to admit that I am very lenient, almost too lenient, and haven’t always stood up for myself.  I looked at bringing up the issue(s) that I have a problem with as nagging or saying I wanted out.  The truth is, by bringing up an issue is actually saying, I want to be with you, but this is what I need in order to maintain a healthy relationship. 

Don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself by drawing the line in the sand.  If they have a problem with your limitations, then that’s a sign of their maturity level.  If you’re going to grow with a significant other in hopes to becoming a wife one day, you no longer can afford to not defend yourself.  Setting boundaries will be the best thing you could ever do for your relationship. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment