Lemon Pancakes

Lemon Pancakes | Plate - William-Sonoma 

I’m starting to fall in love with cooking.  This is really a BIG deal, especially since my attention span is really short, which could be detrimental to cooking.  But here lately, I’ve discovered cooking as a stress reliever.  I woke up this morning with pancakes –lemon pancakes - on my mind.  Here is a recipe that I tailored just for you! Oh, and yes, they were unbelievably delicious.

Lemon Pancakes
1 ½ c All-Purpose Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 egg
1 ¼ c Buttermilk
3 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest

Step 1:
Mix your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar) in a mixing bowl.
Step2:
Form a well with the dry ingredients and add remaining ingredients.
Step3:
Mix well (It’s okay to have a few lumps.)
Step 4: Use a ladle to scoop pancake batter into a hot, buttered skillet.  Once the edges start to bubble, flip pancake and let cook for two minutes.

Syrup:
1 c Maple Syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp of lemon zest


Heat on low heat and pour over pancakes before serving.




0 comments:

Post a Comment