Alone but not Lonely

by YC

Blouse - Ann Taylor | Skirt - Forever 21 | Sandals - BCBG


One of the greatest things you can do for yourself is become your own best friend.  In your alone -and notice I didn't say LONELY - season, take the time to get to know yourself.  You're changing daily, and what may have been appealing six months ago, may not interest you at all.  In 2002, I had my first in-depth conversation with God.  I'll go into detail at another time, but from our conversation, I accepted the fact that I was going to go on this elaborate journey, which was going to "grow me up" in a sense.  For the next 10 years, I learned to be comfortable with myself.  I started eating out by myself, going to the movies alone, and even traveling out of state with just me...and the guardian angels that He always sent around me.  It wasn't easy at all times, but it was so necessary.
 
I will admit that there will be times when your mind will become so dramatic, and tell you all kind of lies.  Learn to silence your thoughts and listen to God.  He is always speaking in an effort to direct you on the right course, and assure you that you're not alone.  On this course, it is possible that you will find everything you need to become whole, and WHOLENESS is the goal, because once your alone season is done and it's time to add companionship to your journey, the success of it has everything to do with two healthy, whole, happy beings on a quest to please the Lord.






0 comments:

Post a Comment