The Beauty of Cooking: Bougie Girl’s Blueberry Mini Cobbler

by YC




Everything has a season, and this time of the year is devoted to my favorite fruit; the blueberry! I seriously can eat a pint in a matter of minutes.  Spending summer months in the country with my late grandparents, I’m reminded of the many times that my cousins and I were FORCED to go to a field and pick blueberries (Forced = wake up before the sun and wear old clothes - because you will get dirty - to get to the field before it gets too hot and make $2.50 for every bucket that you fill up!).  Even that didn’t turn me away from my little blue friend. 
One of those summers, I taught myself how to make a blueberry cobbler, and I never forgot.  So here goes my little recipe that I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Bougie Girl’s Blueberry Mini Cobbler
Serving Size = 1
Calories = *In my Tamar Braxton voice* “Get yo’ life!”

1 cup of Blueberries
1 tbsp of softened butter
½ cup of self-rising flour
3 tbsp of granulated sugar
1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of nutmeg
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ramekin

Mix flour, 2 tbsp of sugar and softened butter until it forms enough to crumble.  In a separate bowl, mix blueberries, remaining sugar, vanilla flavoring, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice.  Coat the inside of the ramekin with butter and sugar.  After which, add half of the crumble mixture to the bottom of the ramekin.  Pour the blueberry mixture on top.  Place ramekin on top of a larger dish into a 350-degree oven for 1 hour.  The last ten minutes, add the remaining flour mixture on top and cook until golden brown.  Garnish with powdered sugar and cinnamon on top.  Delish with ice cream! 

Ingredients for cobbler

Flour mixture


Flour mixture mixed 

Place crumble inside the butter coated ramekin

Pour blueberry mixture on top of crumble
Ten minutes remaining, add crumble on top

Eat up! 

Where is the Beauty?

Blueberries are full of antioxidants! I am a fan of Yes To Carrots, which makes a line called, Yes To Blueberries! I love the cleansing towelettes, which are great for removing makeup.  The smell is wonderful with a hint of lemon.  I HIGHLY recommend that you check it out at your local Walgreen's or Target stores.  To learn more about Yes To Carrots, visit the website at www.yestocarrots.com! 
Photo Courtesy of yestocarrots.com



3 comments: