Not just your average popcorn and a movie

by YC

Popcorn and The Devil Wears Prada


There is nothing like eating popcorn, while watching a movie.  The duo goes perfectly together like ice cream and root beer (I’m stretching here, but you get the point)! I must admit I’m not a fan of microwave popcorn.  Mainly because I like to control my own oil and salt intake…and well, they prepare it for you.  So, I usually prepare mine the old-fashioned way: on the stovetop. 

I mainly use olive oil mixed with a little butter (olive oil by itself will burn fast), in a heavy-duty pot, like my favorite by Le Creuset.  Popcorn for me is about much more than salt and butter.  I need it to be a bit more fancy or shall we say, Bougie? In the picture below, I added shredded Parmesan and red pepper flakes - my own rendition of hot cheese popcorn.  It’s so yummy and simple to make!

Spicy Parmesan Popcorn
Popcorn Kernels
Oil
Butter
Parmesan
Red Pepper Flakes
Kosher Salt
Pot with lid

Preheat the stove cap to medium.  In a large pot put olive oil and butter.  Heat until melted.  Add the popcorn kernels and cover with lid.  Shake pot constantly until popcorn has stopped popping.  Pour hot popcorn into a mixing bowl.  Pour in Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and salt, mixing well.  Serve in bowl.  

 Popcorn Kernels and Pot
Red pepper flakes
Grated Parmesan
Olive oil and butter
Pour in kernels
Cover pot once the kernels start heating up
Finished popcorn
Add in Parmesan
Red pepper flakes
Kosher salt
Mix in all ingredients
Now you're ready to watch your movie, Bougie style! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment