Not suitable for gardening

by YC


Last year, during a visit to our local Farmer’s Market, I was coerced into buying a basil plant.  No part of me was interested, but the seller insisted; so I did.  After repotting the young herb, and leaving it to be watered by any rainstorm – basically left to defend itself – I noticed that my speck of a plant survived winter, danced into spring, and grew tall into the summer. 

Since the lemon basil plant decided to live, I too decided to make it a part of my life by taking care of it.  Later, I learned that I need to remove the flower buds from the plant – something about the flowers altering the taste – and so, on my way out, I decided to do so in this dress.  Nothing about this white dress says I'm made for gardening, but at least its lightweight, and crocheted pattern will look cute while I'm doing so!

P.S.
I have no idea what to do with lemon basil! Ideas?

Dress - Joystick (Saks Fifth Ave), Shoes - BCBGirls


0 comments:

Post a Comment