Thirsty skin

by YC

Winter months can be very cruel to your skin, well, at least mine! The first breeze of cool crisp air, and my face immediately suffers the punishment of dry skin.  During this time of year I crave hydration, and look for those products that are conducive to just that.  The harsh reality is that if the face’s thirst doesn’t feel quenched, then it will produce oil, and that could turn into ACNE!  

I have a few suggestions that I think you might like…but before you plan a field trip to Sephora, know that this is what I use and it may not work for your skin type! Either way it goes, this Bougie Girl isn’t responsible for any adverse reaction that may occur after using any of the mentioned products.  



Okay, let’s go!


I am in love with Origin’s Drink Up mask.  After washing my face I follow up with this creamy mask that doesn’t dry hard onto your skin.  Drink Up mask has apricot kernel oil and leaving it on for ten minutes allows for enough time to absorb into the skin.  I usually let the mask sit onto my skin while showering, that way my pores are open from the hot steam, ready to take in all of the yummy goodness!




 Recently, I discovered Boscia’s Detoxifying Cleanser (in the black bottle).  I cannot stress to you how in love you will be with this cleanser, as it heats up on contact.  Now I will let you know that it doesn’t stay warm the entire time, but enough to give you that initial pleasant surprise.  Not only does this product pull out those unwanted impurities, but it also has brightening agents that leave your face looking bright!

Back to hydration:  After washing and masking, you need to follow up with a good moisturizer.  I am a fan of the Mario Badescu line, and during winter months I use their Hydrating Moisturizer with Biocare & Hyaluronic Acid.  That title may be a mouthful, but hun buns, it works! The hyaluronic acid will allow the skin to retain its natural moisture. 



After using all three...sans le makeup! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment