Summer produce in a sandwich

by YC




Just like the fashion industry has trends, so does food.  It seems that great detail is focused on healthy eating.  Whether it comes from organic or raw foods, people are eating to live, rather than living to eat.  So I’ve jumped on the bandwagon.  Spending the summer months on my grandparents farm, allowed me to have an appreciation for gardening.  Although I don’t have a garden at this time, the produce section of the grocery store has assumed that role.  Seeing those vibrant colors of green, red, orange and yellow, and being able to touch and smell freshness, has really pushed me in a direction of eating clean…at least 85% of the time. 

Here, I’ve prepared a veggie sandwich.  It is low in calories and fat (provolone cheese has a little fat).  Most importantly, it is very satisfying to the taste buds.  This is an easy sandwich, and filled with some of my favorite summer produce.






0 comments:

Post a Comment