CHANEL: Supermarket Sweep

by YC




Okay, B-girls and B-boys, let me just say that I am OBSESSED with grocery stores! Going to the grocery store is a weekly outing for me, and is on my “To Do List” everyday.  I go when I’m hungry, which is not the best idea…you’ll buy everything in sight, and I go when I’m not hungry.  If you’re not a grocery shopper, you seriously can’t go with me.  I MUST go up and down every aisle, trying new items (I love when the package plasters the word in bold colors and letters: NEW), reading labels, sampling produce…I. Am. That. Girl. 

So you can only imagine how I felt when Karl Lagerfeld, THE Karl Lagerfeld, reached deep into his Virgo shopping cart (yes, he’s a Virgo) and showed CHANEL’s Autumn/ Winter 2014(15) collection, during the coveted Paris Fashion Week, in a simulated grocery store!

Models strutted, aisle-by-aisle, in monochromatic looks, cropped tops and jackets, leggings, bold colors, signature tweed, bold accessories, and voluminous sweaters and coats.  Now this is where it gets really interesting.  No, to the six inch craze of stilettos, and yes, to sneakers?! Each model graced the runway wearing comfy low and boot style sneaks! The juxtaposition of the sneaks and the CHANEL infamous suit was borderline, well, “flat” out Bougie. 

CHANEL bags wrapped as chicken parts and chain and tweed-out shopping baskets were just another reason this show will never be forgotten, along with the escalator promenade of models at Louis Vuitton a few years ago, of course.  And for those who still believes in 2014 that fashion is frivolous, the edible produce was all donated to a local charity in Paris.  












Supermodel, Cara Delevingne and Karl Lagerfeld
*All photos are courtesy of Style & Fashion

0 comments:

Post a Comment