Fashion Emergency Bday Weekend Part 2



Blouse - Belk | Skirt - Hints Downtown | Sandals - Gianni Bini | Clutch - Aigner
A true fashion girl has experienced a ring-the-alarm fashion emergency.  But on your Birthday Weekend? Let’s talk about it.  I was determined to shop my closet for this year’s outfit, and that’s what I started out doing.  I have a huge bag in my closet labeled Alterations/Dry Clean.  While going through it and being reminded of clothes that I hadn’t worn in years, I noticed a high-waist Kensie skirt that I was sure would be the right look for my Bday Brunch.  The only probably was the split was too high and needed to be sewn back up.  No problem! So, on last Wednesday I took it to the cleaners to have her fix it in time.  In fact, she said it would be ready by Friday.  No problem!

Fast-forward to Saturday.  While out shopping with my sister, and a confirmed answer from my mom that the cleaners close at 3:00pm, I had my eye on the time.  After all, I had NOTHING else to wear if I let them close on me.  We arrived at the cleaners around 2:00pm, and as the note on the door says, “Honk your horn for service, ” we obliged to only realize nobody is coming out to help us.  Then there was another little note on the door, belching out the words, “WE WILL BE CLOSED FOR LABOR DAY ON SATURDAY AND MONDAY.” My heart dropped! My Bday outfit is locked inside. 

At that moment I felt like cancelling it all.  So, to not panic, I told myself there’s something else in my closet I can wear, so don’t worry about it.  And I didn’t.  I proceeded with the rest of my day, until about 6:30p, when I truly realized I had no other options.  And that’s when I called my friend who owns one of the trendiest boutiques in Greensboro called, Hints! The only problem was that they closed at 7:00p! I rushed to the city to make it there just in time to find this gorgeous lace peplum skirt, even cuter than my imprisoned one.  I tried it on, loved the complete look, and it honestly turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  Don’t you just love when that happens? 












0 comments:

Post a Comment