Cake and pretty flowers



Two things a southern home should always have are cake and pretty flowers.  On any random Saturday, you can find me perusing the aisles at my local Farmers Market.  I am an heiress to a farm.  My grandparents were farmers, and even though they have earned their heavenly wings, the farm still operates, growing some of the best produce that you probably enjoy at dinnertime.  The farm is about three hours away from me, so I don’t get to go, as often, so the Farmers Market will have to take its place. 

On this particular day, I picked up one of my favorite flowers: Peonies.  Simply put; they are so pretty.  I grabbed a few bouquets and put them in my office, bathroom, and bedroom.  Literally, the best part about having them around was the sweet aroma of the delicate petals.  Peonies don’t exactly have a long life span once cut and placed in a vase, so I asked for a mixture of fully bloomed and buds.  So, here’s my way of bringing beauty to my home!

xo
~YC



Peonies, vases, scissor, and bleach

Cut the stems at an angle

Pour a small amount of bleach into the cold water (keeps the bacteria away)

Arrange the flowers to your liking


I ran out of vases, so I used a Mason jar!




0 comments:

Post a Comment